Le Crémet d'Anjou THE regional dessert available all year round!
Le Crémet d'Anjou
The regional dessert available all year round!
Each restaurant and each household has its own recipe and their way of preparing our regional dessert.
Chef Sam is proud of his recipe and would like to share it with you.
Our recipe for Crémet d'Anjou could also be called Crémet de Fontevraud!
Enjoy this local dessert and others at our La Croix Blanche restaurant.
This recipe is a perfect match with Loire Valley wines; either sweet such as Saumur moelleux, Coteaux du Layon or a bubbly such as Crémant de Loire or Saumur brut.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- 500gr of fromage frais with 20% fat content
- 200gr of cream (liquid, minimum 30% fat content)
- 200gr of fine sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- The night before: drain the fromage blanc: spread out on layers of kitchen paper or a clean tea toel in a strainer
- Scrape the inside of the vanilla pod and add to the liquid cream
- Whip the cream and sugar
- Gently fold in the drained fromage frais
- Transfer to individual jars such as 'Le Parfait' or wide rimmed jam jars such as 'Bonne Maman' with lid
- Top with your favorite fruit compote
- red fruits with a touch of balsamic vinegar
- diced pineapple and mango, passion fruit
- apricots, honey, vanilla, muesli
- apple, pear, walnuts, a hint of walnut oil
- flambéed pineapple or cherries
- diced green and yellow kiwi
- pineapple poached in saffron
- dried prunes poached in Loire Valley red wine
- we only use fresh fruit, at home you can also use deepfrozen fruit
- use jam jars or 'Le Parfait' style glass containers
- some mint leaves, a home made cookie, fresh fruit