Discover the Doué-en-Anjou Biopark
Enjoy a family or romantic outing at the Bioparc
Just 40 minutes from Angers, the Bioparc in Doué-en-Anjou is a firm favourite with families looking for something new to discover.
The setting is unique: a former stone quarry with caves, cathedral-like cellars... home to more than 130 species.
Numerous animal species
Young and old animal lovers alike will be delighted at the Bioparc de Doué-en-Anjou: over 130 species from all over the world are waiting to be discovered!
- Reptiles: green anaconda, royal python, Seychelles giant tortoise...
- Birds: green-winged macaw, black stork, Chilean flamingo, Humboldt penguin, griffon vulture...
- Mammals: Senegalese dwarf goat, cheetah, African lion, Central African giraffe, meerkat and Siamang gibbon...
The different areas of the Biopark
A visit to the Doué-en-Anjou Biopark will give you the impression of travelling around the planet - or almost! The park's animals live in a wide range of ecosystems.
- The African Aviary: a 2000m² semi-enclosed canyon
- The Carnivore Crater, home to the emblematic fauna of Africa
- The ghosts of the Himalayas: an area carved out of the rock, home to Himalayan wildlife
- The Giraffe Camp, where these large mammals live alongside zebras
- The Great South American Aviary, where you can admire more than 30 species of birds
- The Valley of the Mohr with its rhinoceros and gazelles
- The Okapi Sanctuary: a 4000m² area unique in the world
- The Asian Zone: Sumatran tiger and three species of gibbon monkey
- The European aviary, home to European birds
- The Leopard Canyon, home to Asiatic felines
- The South American Territory, home to famous mammals such as maned wolves, spectacled bears and several species of primate
- Madagascar, with two species. The red varis and the white-belted varis, adorable primates
- Reptiles, which you can observe through the vivarium windows or in the open air
Opening times for the Doué-en-Anjou Biopark
The Bioparc is open every day from 4 February to 12 November and during the Christmas holidays. Allow half a day to a full day for your visit.
⏳ Opening times:
- February-March: 10am to 6pm
- April-May-June-September: 9am to 7pm
- July-August: 9am to 7.30pm
- October-November: 10am to 6.30pm (5.30pm winter time)
- Christmas holidays: 10am to 4.30pm (closed on 25/12 and 01/01)
Book your hotel in Fontevraud
Ideally located in Fontevraud, a thirty-minute drive from the Doué-en-Anjou Biopark, the hotel-restaurant La Croix Blanche welcomes you during your stay in Anjou.
The 24 rooms and suites are housed in a historic 17th-century building: charm guaranteed! You'll love their serene ambience, enhanced by touches of the past (wooden beams on the ceiling, fireplaces, etc.).
The restaurant serves traditional, locavore cuisine and regional specialities.
➤ Discover the restaurant
Book your hotel near the Bioparc de Doué-en-Anjou now at the best rate directly on our website!